The Weight Epidemic
There is a weight epidemic but with our current state of knowledge and the support programs, diets and book, why is there still a weight epidemic?
Something is not working...
so before you read about our healthy weight loss programs, herbal weight loss supplements or the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program that can actually lead to better loss of body fat leading to better health and perhaps your ideal body shape, let's do a quick reality check.
We all hear the news and it seems there is no doubt that over 60% of adults in Canada & USA (that's 2 in 3 people) should lighten up, if only for the sake of their health.
Even with known overweight risks, the top reason most people want to lose weight tends to be improving body shape and restoring self-image yet the bigger benefit may be the dramatic improvement in overall health, and reduced health risks.
World Health Organization considers overweight an epidemic!
- There are more than 1 billion overweight adults and at least 300 million of those people are obese and problem weight is rapidly affecting our children
- Obesity and overweight pose a major risk for chronic diseases including type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, stroke & some forms of cancer
- The key causes are increased consumption of energy-dense foods high in saturated fats and sugars, nutrient-poor foods and reduced physical activity
With so many weight loss program, why is weight still a problem for people?
Did you ever ask yourself ... with so many self-help books, magazine articles, fad diet's, exercise options and food commercials telling you how to lose weight ... why does weight loss remain such a big problem?
What's the definition of insanity?
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
- Eat ______ and lose weight
- Don't eat ______ and lose weight
- Count calories and lose weight
- New study says ______ to lose weight fast
- Now with 33% fewer calories
- 25% less sodium than our regular brand
- Natural Ingredients ...
And do those other weight loss programs really work?
The answer is yes ... and no. Yes, most weight loss programs do work in the short term but after a while, people plateau, tire of the regiment, tastes, structure or cost and when they leave the program, eventually the weight creeps back.
Other issues with many weight loss program is they may not be so healthy, cause the body to burn lean muscle for its energy and lack adequate daily requirements of vitamins and trace minerals, introduce too many synthetic ingredients the body copes poorly with
- The reality is, those weight loss programs are not the answer if you want to reach and maintain your ideal weight. You know this if you've tried a few of them ... many of our clients tell of similar experiences and most people who want to lose weight have! But it didn't last!
- So portion control is not the answer, calorie counting does not measure up and even eating reasonably well with exercise doesn't work well enough, so what can a person do?
- There's got to be a better way to healthy weight loss that's easy, safe and with better choices, long-lasting!
Of course you can reach & maintain your ideal weight and shape naturally, when you know how.
Healthy weight loss should never be a fad, and if you do want to lose weight and keep it off, maybe you need to consider a new approach.
Consider a Nutritionist recommended healthy weight loss solution
A supervised healthy weight loss solution gets you to your ideal weight and educates you on how to maintain it after the program ends.
- Our Nutritionists recommended Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program »