Reflexology by Certified Reflexologists
Relax: Reflexology in the Mississauga / Oakville area is a natural therapy with healing benefits including improved circulation, relaxation & stress reduction.
Our reflexology treatments are carefully administered by an experienced and Registered Reflexologist and delivers immediate results.
Note that we do not offer spa style reflexology massage services. Our reflexology treatments are therapeutic even as they deliver outstanding relaxation benefits.
Reflexology In History
Foot reflexology has been practiced for thousands of years in Asia and the origins of Reflexology reach back to ancient Egypt as evidenced by inscriptions found in a physician’s tomb at Saqqara in Egypt.
We offer reflexology as an individual healing therapy and optionally, as part of a broader holistic healing and natural health care program.
Some of our clients call our reflexology treatment their "Guilty little pleasure"!
Reflexology Foot Chart
Reflexology as it's know today is a modernized science of stress relief and healing, commonly referred to as a complementary therapy.
Reflexology chart and body systems (above)
Reflexology is the practice of stimulating nerves on the feet, hands and/or ears in order to encourage a beneficial effect on some other parts of the body, or to improve general health.
Reflexology is most commonly performed on the feet though hands and ears may be included.
Reflexology in North America
- In 1913, William H. Fitzgerald, M.D. (1872-1942), an ear, nose, and throat specialist, and accompanied by Dr. Edwin Bowers introduced reflexology to North America. At the time, he showed that applying pressure had an anesthetic effect on another area.
- Reflexology was further developed by Eunice D. Ingham (1899-1974), a nurse and physiotherapist, in the 1930s and 1940s. Ingham found that the feet and hands were especially sensitive, and then mapped the entire body into "reflexes" on the feet.
- Dr. Fitzgerald discovered a very interesting fact, pressure on the zones not only relieved pain but in the majority of cases also relieved the underlying cause as well. The same result is experienced through Reflexology today, which is based partially on the Zone Theory.
- Dwight C Byers, President of the International Institute of Reflexology is dedicated to preserving and promoting the unique healing of reflexology and the Original Ingham Method®. We offer reflexology certification courses in Ontario.
Benefits of Healing Foot Reflexology Therapy
- Non-invasive natural healing
- Alleviates stress and releases built-up tension
- Improves blood circulation and activates lymph drainage
- Assists in elimination of toxins
- Strengthens the immune system and harmonizes vital functions
- Enables a deep state of relaxation and well being
- Promotes relaxation and a powerful sense of well-being
- Suitable for all ages