The office party, family and
friend gatherings, big dinners, new years celebrations! It's a great time
of year and you want to do it all!
OK, you know the holiday season can be a challenge. Visits with family, friends,
the parties, the big meals, the shopping and a seemly endless array of
treats that can challenge your best intentions wherever you go.
Why do people tend to
- It is the Holidays!
- All or nothing mentality!
- Being unprepared, no personal food plan!
- Simply don't know how it can be done!
- Believe it is just too difficult!
- Don't want to be an outcast, different!
- Believe it's just the way to enjoy life and have fun!
- Too little time & too much to do …
Follow these 10 simple tips for surviving the holidays intact
and you'll still get to enjoy all the treats and not only feel better at the end of
each day, you'll arrive in the new year with fewer extra pounds
So go ahead, enjoy all the season has to offer ...
(Just ensure moderation must be part of your
10 tips to help you not only survive but really enjoy the holiday
season this year, and every year!
- Make sure you have water and ideally chlorophyll
spiked water with you at all
times; when shopping, doing errand's, etc. It helps hydrate
and regulates blood sugar.
- Bring your own snacks when shopping and running around –
(favorite fresh fruits and raw nuts & seeds) so it is easier to
avoid the fast-food alternatives.
- Do not skip a meal and that includes a wholesome breakfast
- 365 days/year.
- Never arrive at a party hungry and
you'll never over-indulge.
- Use a smaller plate or take smaller
servings when you are at a party or function then
eat very slowly allowing at least 5 minutes between each serving.
- Start with the vegetables and salads and fill your
plate with generous portions of these, then sample the other
cooked/baked foods and sample a few choice deserts.
- Food combining is one of the greatest secrets
of balancing your metabolism and weight … choose
vegetables and meat/protein or choose vegetables and starches
(bread, pasta, rice) e.g. avoid starch & meat/protein combinations.
- Choose the “little evils” you will have
with your meal … Is
it bread? Is it sweet? Is it alcohol? Be reasonable!
- Remember you do not have to finish your plate, sampling
is the way to go!
- Have a plan, stick to it and you will feel much better – in
fact you will be very proud of yourself, enjoy better energy and feel great!
Could you do more? Of course, but then again, tis
season to rejoice and be merry so Happy Holidays, be safe and
Got questions or want to book your appointment?
If it's time you stopped guessing and found out where you stand on your health
& wellness needs
and exactly how to do that, give us a call!,
I offer complementary consultations by phone for new clients, assessments and counselling, wellness coaching programs plus therapeutic reflexology, courses
and premium nutritional health supplements.
To develop a personalized natural health & wellness program,
please contact me and we can begin by talking about your needs
at no cost or obligation. Then, if you like my approach, we can
discuss a program that specifically addresses your needs.
I would be honoured to help you discover just how effective and rewarding a natural approach to health can be.
When you are ready, call (905) 855-3000 and let's
To your lasting good health and happiness,
C.C.Ir., R.O.H.P., R.N.C.P.
Holistic Health Practitioner, Wellness Coach & Trainer
I am very excited to advise that I will be relocating my
Learn more ...
New For 2010
Reflexology Certification Programs
Learn more ...
Natural Health Shoppe Online
FREE SHIPPING *
Natural Health Shoppe Online ...
* Free shipping on all orders over
Healthy You Naturally is an Independent Distributor of Nature's Sunshine
Products. (since 1994)
Diane's McLaren's Seven Keys To
Ethical Client Services