Complete Web Version
New This Month:
May Product Special
Home Exercise System
FREE Anti Aging Seminar
This Month the feature is lignans, a product you can easily add to your daily nutrition and
it's really good for you, read why.
Your feedback is always welcome.
You can share this newsletter with anyone you think might have an interest in their health.
Training Courses for June
Start a Home Business
Home Exercise System
If you don't have time to exercise but know you should, this is your answer.
I was impressed by David Hall and his exceptional home exercise system. In fact, after I met David
at a health conference in LA, heard his amazing story and attended his lectures and training, I purchased the product
based on his integrity and the results he's getting - I have been thoroughly satisfied.
If you're looking for a high quality, simple, fun yet truly effective exercise solution that takes
just minutes a day, indoor or outdoor, Store
s under your bed or in your car trunk then I highly recommend you consider
getting David Hall's Cellerciser. - Diane
Back to top
FREE Health Seminar
FREE Health Seminar at the Lorne Park Library (map)
on Tues, June 5, 2008
7-8:30 PM Who Said You Have To Accept The Effects of Aging? You can turn back the clock because the signs of
pre-mature aging can easily be reversed when you understand why they happen.
Call for details or I hope to see you there, everyone is welcome ...
Back to top
Reflexology Course, Full 2-day hands-on course. Learn how to take
control of the stress in your life and why reducing stress leads to better health. Jun 2 & 3, 9am-4pm.
Register by May 18 and save $47.
Chinese Herbs Course Jun 7 + 11, 6h30-9h30, Register by May 18 and save
Call to book you place
Back to top
Even if you're not a practitioner, you can have a small business sharing the health benefits of NSP with friends and family
and earn attractive income.
Get started with a low cost to start approach. You never make a minimum purchase and you have my commitment and support to help you succeed!
Ask me how!
If you are a Practitioner, RMT, Chiropractor or have a Spa then let me show you how to grow your
business as you help your clients to feel & look better.
It's fun and you'll get great satisfaction helping
Call or Write
Back to top
Associate Since 1994
As a highly regarded Natural Health Practitioner, Diane incorporates her
extensive knowledge of Western and Eastern natural health philosophies to
integrate her certifications in Clinical Iridology, Nutrition, Herbs,
Reflexology, Kinesiology, Biochemical Blood Analysis and Sclerology.
Effective Solutions For Challenging Times
By Diane McLaren C.C.Ir., R.N.C.P.
Did you know the Lignans have a wide range of biological properties that make them unique in promoting health
and combating various diseases.
Since their discovery in 1956, lignans have come under intense scientific scrutiny with numerous
studies suggesting they may prevent the development of breast, prostate, colon & other cancers.
Additional research has shown that they may prevent many types of coronary heart disease, diabetes
and promote many other benefits.
- Flax seeds are by far the richest source of cancer-fighting plant lignans - Beth M. Ley Ph.D
- An early 1980’s study found: “Cancer patients have LOWER levels of lignans than tumor-free controls”
- An Australian study (Lancet, 1997) suggested “substantial reduction in breast cancer risk
among women with high intake of phytoestrogens, particularly lignans.”
- Denmark-Wahnefried (2001) “men with prostrate issues may experience benefits as a study suggests
favorable effect on prostate cancer biology”
- A Swedish study found decreased PSA after just 6 months
- A study at U Saskatchewan shows “73% reduction of plaque build-up in the arteries, and also a
reduction of total and LDL cholesterol”
- Studies found “reduced development of Type II diabetes by 80% and Type I diabetes
- Another Study shows the positive effects on bone mineral density and to protect against
- Reported by Phytotherapy Research in 1995, “pretreatment with a Lignan-enriched extract was protective against
physical exercise-induced muscle damage”
Flax in History
Flax has been cultivated for over 7,000 years for a multitude of purposes including wearing it,
sleeping on/in it, wrapping mummies and its exceptional medicinal value.
The Egyptians used its fibre, the Greek physician Dioscorides extolled the flax seeds power for
"reducing all inflammation inwardly and outwardly" and Hippocrates encouraged its used for relief of
abdominal pains and diarrhea. Charlemagne passed laws requiring the population to consume flax seed
“in order to maintain good health”.
The ancients used flax seeds because they observed its positive medicinal impacts on the human body
and modern science is catching up with validation on the immense potential of this plant. Today we understand a
lot more about how whole plant nutrients interact with and are efficiently used by our bodies.
Unraveling the Secrets of Flax Hull Lignans And SDG
Flax is an oilseed that belongs to the genus Linum which contains over 100 annual and perennial species.
Cultivated flax belongs to the species Linum usitatissimum (Latin "most useful or benefactor") of which there are 2
types, one grown for its oil and the other for fibre. The flax seed itself contains 27 different Lignans
(phytonutrients), the main one being secoisolariciresinol diglycoside (SDG).
Flax hull lignans are found on the fibre hull of the flax seed and they are emerging as a true Superfood
(nutrient dense food product) that should be part of anyone’s nutrient and fibre rich diet for
In fact, you would need 100 Tbsp. of flax seeds to equal the lignan content of just 1
NSP's Flax Hull Lignans. It’s worth noting that flaxseed oil does not contain appreciable amounts of
Flax is higher than soy in isoflavone
and while soy can interfere with thyroid function, flax has no such problems.
Soya, rye, buckwheat, millet and barley seed yield just 2-6 micrograms of lignans per gram (mcg/g) while Flax seed
yields an amazing 800 mcg/g or 400 times more lignans!
- As a potent antioxidant, it has been shown to enhance immune system functioning
- Healthy cholesterol maintenance and cardiovascular health
- Protection against muscle damage in athletes and physical labourers
- Reduce the effects of estrogen overload by restoring hormonal balance and promoting normal
- Overcome symptoms of menopause and a safe alternative to HRT with no
risky side effects
- Cancer fighting and prevention properties
- Bone mineral density and protection against calcium loss
- Reduced development of Type II and retarded development of Type I Diabetes
- Long observed and prized for its ability to reduce inflammation, abdominal pain
- Beneficial to the digestive tract by adding bulk which in turns promotes daily regularity
Why Choose NSP's Flax Hull Lignans, Product # 8006-7
The scientists at Nature’s Sunshine (NSP) have invested their considerable research and development resources with
advanced manufacturing and quality assurance expertise to introduce the finest nutrient dense certified
organic food product Flax Hull Lignans. Bulk 150/g 30-day supply.
Compare and you’ll find NSP’s Flax Hull Lignans deliver high value and a unique solution:
- Use a unique mechanical extraction process that leaves all 27 lignans in the final product whereas
many other companies use a chemical extraction process that is less efficient and only retains the SDG
- Sourced from organically-grown brown flax and it's certified organic
- Contain 8 – 9% lignans, that's 4-5 times most competitive products
- GEM – Germination Enhancement Method Germination of seeds is all synchronized so root system
is 5 times more extensive therefore creating much more nutrient rich food
- 52% fibre of flax hulls lignans
- Economical at up to 30% lower cost than competitive products
Using NSP Flax Hull Lignans Everyday
A 30-day supply of Flax Hull Lignans amounts to a retail cost of under $1.85 per day and it's bursting with the
natural wholesome goodness of a nutrient rich plant, one your body will recognize and efficiently assimilate as food!
Just ½ Tbsp. (5/g) daily is all you need though your natural health practitioner may safely suggest more depending on
your state of health.
- Sprinkle on salads and cereals
- Add to your rice
- Mix in with your steamed veggies
- Blend into smoothies
- Add 2 Tbsp. to homemade breads, waffles, pancakes, muffins or other baked goods (resists up to 400F)
It’s an all natural organic food, it's simple to use, it delivers exceptional health benefits, fits the
lifestyle of even the busiest people and is nutritionally economical and a terrific preventative health product.
Add Flax Hull Lignans to your diet today!
In practice since 1994, and through Healthy You Naturally, Diane
shares the wisdom of wellness for clients, partners and students through education, exceptional health products plus
local and distance counselling programs available across North America.
“Within each of us, nature has provided all the pieces necessary to achieve extreme health and wellness, then left it
up to us to put them all together!” - Diane McLaren CCIr, RNCP
Thank you for allowing us to share this information with you this month.
Return to top ...