The Decline of Nutrients in the Foods We Eat
In this article we examine nutrition and impacts of abundant nutrient poor foods
In another article looked at What Is The Immune System ...
Caution: Nutrient Poor Foods Everywhere
- You grab a quick breakfast on the way to work, it fills you up so no more thought of food, for a while.
- By 11am you`ve used up the carbs in the breakfast you had and are hungry, maybe you reach for a snack bar or similar, may be it's a double double coffee to hold you over to lunch.
- By lunch you have a few minutes so grab something at one of the fast food restaurants. Freshly fed, you're back to work and fine till later in the afternoon when you begin to feel fatigued and again think about snacking ...
- Not sure about supper, perhaps some chicken & pasta ...
So far today you've consumed at most 25% of your actual nutrient needs, the day is almost over and if chicken & pasta is actually the evening meal, you will not reach 50% of your daily nutrient needs. You will however exceed you sodium, fat and carb needs.
While this may not be you, it does describe many people's nutrition plan. If you're reading labels for calories and ingredients, it is telling you little about the actual nutritional value of the contents, if fact, labels can be very misleading. The effect of this nutrition plan is a gradual decline in the body`s ability to maintain balance, proper organ function & health.
Good health awareness is becoming a highly valued commodity in today’s world and it can no longer be taken for granted. As the pace of life increases and the quality and nutritional value of our food decreases, there is an epidemic increase in chronic and degenerative diseases.
Allergies, colds, flues, low energy and fatigue are just the symptoms of low quality foods.
Nutrient Loss In Foods
While we all know that proper nutrition is very important and essential to the proper functioning of our body, consider that by the time you actually consume them:
- Canned foods can lose up to 94% of their nutrients
- Frozen foods can lose up to 83% of their nutrients
- Boxed foods offer little in the way of nutrition
- Even freshly cooked vegetables can lose up to 50% of their nutrients
Food values today are nowhere near the nutrient quality of those enjoyed
just a few generations ago, and under 100 years ago, normal foods were
actually packed with nutrients.
Mechanized farming chemically induced in nutrient poor soils as well as highly processed foods combined with convenient access are leading causes of poor nutrition.
As a result of the decline of nutrients in the foods we eat, it is essential to take steps to supplement our bodies with adequate good quality nutrients; nutrients that are fundamental to ongoing good health and a strong immune system.
Technology’s Influence On Food Nutrient Levels
There are so many examples of technology’s influence on our foods that we have to be realistic and realize what we can, and can not, get from our food supply.
This includes the fresh whole foods and other food products prepared in advance for us, the packaged products, cans, bags and boxes down the isles of the local grocery store.
Nutrition at the cellular level
Balanced nutrition, with the delivery of much-needed nutrients at a cellular level improves the condition of any
disease state, and often addresses all symptoms of illness.
- Did you know that properly prepared plant seeds are powerhouses of stored nutrients, in concentrations much higher
than any other part of the plant?
- Do you want your foods to be over 90% digestible e.g. beneficial to your body?
- Would you like a consistently higher source of protein, vitamins and minerals?
Introducing: Nature’s Gold SuperFood
This is a simple way for you to incorporate super nutrition into a busy lifestyle.
Enjoy Nature’s Gold in smoothies, over cereals, on top of yogurt, in your favourite beverage or protein mix; sprinkle on
It is a natural,, highly digestible, super whole food product with bountiful nutrients.
Nature’s Gold is amazing, find out what people are saying about it!
Nutritional health supplement recommendations that can help
May we be of service to you? 87% of people purchase over the counter health supplements - that's the good news.
Did you know that a natural content of just 10% is enough to label a product natural? In health and beauty products it's just 4%.
We suggest 100% natural is better value.
You will recognize value in our level of personal health care service, support and guidance, the high quality of our all natural plant-based products, the broad selection, the convenience of rapid coast to coast home delivery and many years of experience or a professional Holistic Health Practitioner & Registered Nutritionist.
Nature’s Gold is a 100% Whole Organic SuperFood
Nutritionally dense whole food that possess an array of nutrients, including high amounts of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, proteins, enzymes, good fatty acids, carbohydrates, and chlorophyll – so much that it is one of only a few plants on earth that can supply sole nutritional support to humans from birth to old age.
- Unique germination & nutrient stabilization process make it up to 97% digestible
- Increases overall health, strength and stamina, organ efficiencies, essential nutrients absorption and better waste elimination
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar levels and helps cells renew and repair.
- Start with Level I #8003-1, then go to Level II #8004-9
(C) Site Copyright 1994-2020
CCIr, ROHP, RNCP
As one of Canada's top Holistic Natural Health Practitioners (a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Master Herbalist & Clinically Certified Iridologist), Diane and her team of practitioners have helped thousands of people successfully address a wide range of problems naturally from her wellness centres in Mississauga, Ontario (Canada).