Water Dehydration Symptoms
If you don't drink enough water every day your body may be dehydrated so watch for symptoms like cloudy urine, urinary burning or strong smell
The normal color of urine should be almost clear to pale yellow but if you are not drinking enough clean water throughout the day, every day, your body becomes dehydrated and the symptoms frequently include cloudy urine, a strong odor, urinary burning and/or dark urine color.
These are just a few of the many symptoms of dehydration and prolonged states of water drought in the body can lead to many more severe conditions ... but the solution can be simple!
At the first signs of body dehydration
You need to realize that your body is composed of about 75% water and 25% solid matter and your brain is estimated to be up to 85% water based. The human body evolved from water and so adequate hydration is a dominate influence on health.
"Dry mouth" is the very last sign of body dehydration!
In fact, water is the fluid in your body that makes your life, and life itself possible. Water provides the primary means of transport at and within the cellular level and throughout the body, in short it is essential to the chemistry of life.
- By the time you recognize the feeling of thirst, the cells in your body are already water deprived and in that state they operate less efficiently.
- To complicate that, as the body ages it slowly looses the sensation of thirst so an increased risk of dehydration is possible.
The body naturally loses as much as 4 liters of fluid a day, every day
This water loss is through a number of normal body functions including urine, sweat, breathing (exhaling moisture) and bowel movements. The lost fluids must be replenished constantly to avoid the risk of cell damage and the ripple effect of diminished organ function leading to disease.
The kidneys filter about 180 liters of blood and extracts about 2 liters of waste as urine daily. When the body is not receiving sufficient pure clean water, the kidneys, will slow down their purifying activities and result in blood becoming too thick.
The thickened blood in turn impedes the circulation of oxygen, nutrients, hormones which prevents them from being successfully transferred to tissues and cells throughout the body. This puts stress on body systems that can eventually lead to illness and disease.
Toxic blood can eventually wear out the immune system
Over time, organic compounds may tend to settle out of solution and form “gravel” or stones. Such kidney stones may also occur because of an individual’s genetic makeup, or in individuals lacking minerals like magnesium.
- If the kidneys stop working, blood pressure becomes disturbed, ammonia and other chemical build-ups may lead to mental problems, body tissues may swell (edema), and body functions will slow down.
- Kidney and bladder complaints are fairly wide spread and can almost always trace their beginnings to the earliest warning symptoms of cloudy urine, a strong odor, urinary burning and/or dark urine color.
Whether it is an urinary burning sensation, inability to hold the water, cloudy or dark urine when voided, discomfort in the mid back, frequent urination, blood in the urine, and so on; the issues are there and very real, and let’s face it, they are most irritating.
Remember that is a majority of situations, these are just symptoms of dehydration and can be addressed inexpensively when dealt with quickly.
It's critical to be aware of how much water your body really needs
Your body does not have a reserve of water so regular (daily) clean water hydration is critical for overall body health.
Coffee, tea, power drinks and soft drinks do not count and in fact can be detrimental to your health due to the vast array of chemical additives and usual heavy loading of sugars and sugar substitutes.
The calculation to determine your individual water consumption needs is simple.
- Take your weight in pounds and divide by 2. The rounded result represents the number fluid ounces fresh clean water you need throughout the day, every day.
- To break that down to a practical measure, divide the total ounces by 8 to find the number of glasses of water you should be consuming through your day.
Drinks that do not count for hydration for your body
- Sodas and soft drinks. These manufactured products are mostly water but they have a very high sugar or chemical sweeteners content and artificial flavorings that are harmful to your health so enjoy them, infrequently. Diet sodas should be avoided completely.
- Juices, coffee, tea, sodas and energy drinks. Even though these manufactured products are largely made up of water, the diuretics contained in these caffeinated beverages flush water out of your body.
Water dehydration is not the only issue that can be affecting you, here are our top 3 hazards to your health you really need to know about
- Dangers of Modern Cosmetic Make Up Products (If Looks Could Kill)
- Hazards Of Your Top 10 Most Popular Foods
- 76 Ways Sugar Can Ruin Your Health
(C) Site Copyright 1994-2015
CCIr, ROHP, RNCP
Diane is one of Canada's leading Holistic Health Practitioners (a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Herbalist & Iridologist) who has helped thousands of people get healthy on nutrition and address a wide range of problems naturally. Visit our homepage to learn more about nutrition, herbalist and iridology services and our wellness centres in Mississauga, Ontario (Canada).
Healthy You Naturally
Natural Health & Wellness Centres
- South Clinic
1834 Lakeshore Rd. West, #6
Mississauga Ontario L5J 1J7
Mon Wed Fri 10-5 | Tue Thu 10-7 | Sat 9-4
2760 Derry Rd. West, #7
Mississauga ON L5N 3N5
Wed Fri 10-5 | Tue Thu 12-7 | Sat 9-4